Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Another Old O-Pee-Chee Phillies Card

I posted a 1971 Phillies O-Pee-Chee card last week. This week I have a 1976 Phillies card.

The card is a little off center but otherwise in excellent shape. I can barely remember Schueler as a Phillie. He was with the team from 1974-1976, first as a starter then a reliever. He was 16-20 with 4 saves with the Phillies.

Here is his 1976 Topps card.

Other than the French and the lighter card stock, there's no real differences in design. Unlike the 1971 O-Pee-Chee, this one does say OPC instead of TCG next to the "Printed in Canada".

I like the funny little Hank Aaron trivia cartoon. I don't have that many 1976 Topps cards but it looks like the cartoons had absolutely nothing to do with the player or team on the card.

No comments: