Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Phillies win World Series in 5 and a half games!

The rain and sleet were gone, the field was dry. The fans were ready. But even more important, the Phillies were ready. They came out firing and kept on coming. Brad Lidge was perfect once again. I've already posted cards of all the 2008 Phillies. So I'm just going to go with this picture I got from the Philadelphia Inquirer web site. 2008 World Champions. It doesn't get any better than this.

For every other team, it's wait until next year, including my other favorite team, the Astros. Phillies and Astros in the NLCS next year. Agony. You read it here first.

5 comments:

night owl said...

Phillies and Dodgers next year. Again. ... Congratulations. I'm genuinely happy the Phillies won. Great bunch of players those Phillies have.

Steve Gierman said...

Congrats! The Phillies played like a team with a mission!

deal said...

Whoohoo!!! I will try and get a posting up and some pictures tomorrow.

Best Game....Ever!

night owl said...

Hey! My prediction was right! Too bad the wrong team won again. :)

capewood said...

And my prediction about the Astros couldn't have been wronger. It will be years before the Astros are in the playoffs again.